- Assisted Medical Transportation Program for Seniors is a dial-a-ride service provided by the City of Torrington Sullivan Senior Center to qualified seniors seeking rides to various medical facilities in the towns of Torrington, Litchfield, Harwinton and the VA clinic in Winsted. Contact:Carol Tucker, Project Coordinator
M-F 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM at 860-489-2580 (website)
- Northwestern CT Transit District ~ 957 E Main St, Torrington, CT 06790 (860) 489-2535
- The CANDYSTRIPER is a Local Bus Service (Deviated Flexible Route Service) available in Torrington, Winsted and Litchfield; Monday through Friday; and also Torrington Saturday is operated by Kelley Transit Company under contract with Northwestern Connecticut Transit District. The local bus service is a deviated flexible route service, which means the bus will travel 3/4 mile off its local bus route, upon request, to pick up riders. Reduced fare for people with disabilities and people 60 or older. Call Kelley Transit at (860) 489-7433 the day before travel to make arrangements for pick-up. You can also request drop-off within 3/4 mile of the bus route when you are on the bus; the driver will try to accommodate your request within 30 minutes.
- The Rural Transit Dial-A-Ride is a paratransit van, curb-to-curb transportation service provided by Northwest CT Transit District. Available to people of all ages, in the (16) towns throughout Northwest CT. Anyone under (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Transportation is provided to nutrition programs, medical appointments, shopping and for other social and personal purposes. Group excursions may
also be arranged. All vehicles are wheelchair accessible. To obtain fare costs, days and hours of operation, or to make a pick-up reservation, please click here.
- The Rural Transit Inter-Regional is a curb-to-curb service (9:00 A.M. through 3:00 P.M. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) for people of all ages, in the (16) towns it serves. Anyone under (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult. All vehicles are wheelchair accessible. To make a reservation call the Northwestern CT Transit District. (860) 489-2535. (website)