- Homeless Outreach Teams: consist of individuals with expertise in substance abuse, mental health, financial assistance programs, housing and vocational services. The teams reach homeless individuals under bridges, in cars, shelters, bus stations, and in encampments. They offer a variety of support services and a safe environment to assist individuals through the transition from homelessness. In our area contact.... Nancy Canavo (860) 496-6353 at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, 540 Litchfield Street, Torrington, CT 06790
- Project Homeless Connect Day: A one-day community event designed to deliver free resources to people and families experiencing homelessness in our community.Hosted by the Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Mental Health Services Homeless Outreach Team, the Northwest CT Continuum of Care and the City of Torrington. The goal for this annual event is to end homelessness and provide individuals and families experiencing homelessness an opportunity to learn about and receive services and connect with needed resources. Vendor participation questions, call 860-496-6353. For more information or to register to volunteer, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mental Health Association 30 Peck Road Torrington, CT 06790 Michael Culmo Phone (860) 496-7670
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital 540 Litchfield Street Torrington, CT 06790 Nancy Cannavo 860.601.8569
- Directory of Homeless Shelters
- Center for Human Development 965 South Main Street Waterbury, CT 06706 Belinda Arce (203) 596-9323
- St. Vincent DePaul Society 173 Mark Lane, Unit #6 Waterbury, CT 06704 Bonnie Cozchiola Phone (203) 757-0567
- Center for Human Development 965 South Main Street Waterbury, CT 06706 Belinda Arce 203.596.932